Terms of ReferenceIt is the role of both the Stockport Partnership Board and the Forum to work together to achieve the vision of the Stockport Community Strategy.
Broadly, their terms of reference are as follows:
- To develop and agree the Community Strategy and oversee its implementation by all agencies
- To develop and agree common targeting of resources on deprived neighbourhoods
- To endorse/approve/support bids for external resources that will address need and support delivery of the Community Strategy, making the best use of expertise that exists across all agencies
- To contribute to the development and delivery of a Local Public Service Agreement for Stockport
- To act as a co-ordinating body for partnership working within the borough providing direction to themed partnerships and providing links with national and regional bodies
- To act as a consultative body in relation to issues that require a co-ordinated response
- To work towards achieving a more socially inclusive society in Stockport.
- To act in the best interests of Stockport at all times
Whilst the two bodies share the same terms of reference, they do have different roles.
The Partnership Board is responsible for conducting the business of the Partnership Forum, and making decisions concerning the above. This will be subject to consultation with the wider Partnership Forum at least twice a year.
The Partnership Forum meets to review decisions made by the Board and make recommendations to the Board.
Progress will be monitored by both the Partnership Board and the Forum.